Friday, May 6, 2011

It's a "Bake Sale and Boobs" Kind of Weekend

I know most of you will be spending the weekend with mama, but take a gander at some of these happenings.***

Great American Bake Sale @ The Butcher & the Larder - Saturday, May 7 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Who doesn't love an old fashioned bake sale? Especially when you can buy goodies from places like Hoosier Mama and Floriole. This cash only sale benefits Share Our Strength, a national non-profit aimed at ending childhood hunger in America. You can also bid on some fab online auctions items until the day of the event.

Free Museum Admission with Your Bank of America Card - First weekend of the month
I didn't know this, but apparently the first weekend of every month you can present your Bank of America credit or debit card to the Art Instistue, the Chicago History Museum, the DuSable Museum of African American History, the Museum of Contemporary Art or the Shedd Aquarium for free general admission.

Ever since the drama of 10 Bells getting put down right on the track a few years ago, I'm not really into the Derby. (I may have been crying at my table at The Fifty/50. I really love animals.) But if you're looking for a party to don your fancy Derby hat, check out the round-up from CenterStage Chicago.

Did you ever want to be a burlesque dancer? Gorilla Tango Theater is hosting audtions for "Boobs and Goombas: A Super Mario Burlesque" and  "A Nude Hope: A Star Wars Burlesque."



This past Thursday I took a break from dive bars and quirky venues for a night on the town with some fabulous Chicago bloggers at Rockit on Hubbard. The inner class nerd in me always gets excited for super trendy places like this, and my inner fat kid was happy with the amazing truffle fries. Check out some photos of the event below, taken by the fab Danielle of Breakfast At Toast.



And while you're at your computer this weekend, visit their fantastic blogs:

The Dailey Dish

***I will no longer make weather predictions in these weekend guides. I'm worse than the Weatherman.

5 comments:

  1. this post was really entertaining...nice collection of blogs too!

    Thought you might be interested in entering my Jennifer Elizabeth fringe shimmy necklace giveaway. It's open to everyone!

    http://www.ohtobeamuse.com/2011/04/sadee-says-jennifer-elizabeth-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting lots of fun Chicago bloggers! I'm looking at stuff on my phone right now, and I think I'll have to check out their blogs in depth when I'm in front of a regular computer.

    Also, did you see on my blog the DIY fair we're going to tomorrow? One of my friends is helping to coordinate it, and it sounds really cool. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun meeting you!! Happy to have found your blog too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun! sounds like chicago is the place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're the 2nd person to mention 'Boobs & Goombas' lately...I think I'm going to have to check this out!
    I'm so sad I didn't know about the meetup - looking forward to meeting everyone in June!

    ReplyDelete